Categories

Monday, March 5, 2012

Alamos Cabernet Sauvignon 2010



Argentina is known for it's reds, but Malbecs and Zinfs mainly.  This Cab was about what I expected from an Argentinian Cab.  It was pleasant, drinkable, forgettable.  I did try their Malbec as well (no specific review for it though) and it was quite good.  I would suggest going for their Malbec if you are wanting to go for a wine by Alamos, if you are wanting a Cab, stay tuned for a better recommendation.


It isn't a bad wine, just I have had better for $10-13 as far as Cabs go.  The taste was smooth and strong, but the finish was short lasting and I prefer a long lasting finish on my reds.  My biggest problem with this wine is there was debris at the bottom of the bottle & it came out in the last glass poured. The other issue was the tannins were very strong and caused this wine to be very drying. 

This isn't a wine to impress, but easily drinkable by anyone that can enjoy a dry red.






1 comments:

ReJoyce! said...

I agree. I have had both their Cab and Malbec. The Cab was overly dry and lacking in flavor. The Malbec was very good.

Post a Comment