Categories

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two Vines Columbia Crest 2010 Gewurztraminer



This isn't my favorite Gewurzt. It has more acidity than I like in mine (I prefer that in my Rieslings), I like mine smoother.  I also would classify this as a semi-sweet and I am partial to a semi-dry.  Now if you are a fan of semi-sweet Rieslings, then this would be a good introduction to Gewurztraminer.  My rating for this is on overall quality of the wine.  If I were rating this on a scale of 1-10 on just how much I like it, it would probably on get a 6.5 in my opinion, but I am a dry girl when it comes to wine & humor. 

This is not a wine that everyone will like, so I would not have this as your only option at dinner parties. I also prefer the basic Columbia Crest Gewurzt to their Two Vines (the one the review is about). 


2 comments:

ryanbaker1514 said...

Completely agree with the columbia crest over their two vines. A staple gewurtz at pf changs. Have you tried alexander valley's new gewurtz? it is subtle in my opinion and priced around 13 i believe....thoughts?

ThePinotandThePauper said...

Alexander Valley sounds very familar to me and I know I have had wine from them before; however, I haven't in a while and can't remember which one it was. I will have to add that to the list of wines to try and review. Thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment