Categories

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Altavins Domus Pensi Red Wine 2008 40% Garnatxa Peluda 40% Samso 20% Syrah

My first wine review! So at the bottom of every review (well most, there might be some impromptu tastings I don't have this available to me), I will have this chart with facts about the wine and my impressions.  This is for someone who wants more than just the basics.  The tastings are based on my opinion on a 1-10 scale, 10 being great or the highest.
This is a Spanish red blend of a Garnacha (Grenache) and Carinena (Carignan), with a Syrah as well.  A pleasant red wine with a hint of spice yet with a full juicy flavor.

In other words, if you don't like Shiraz or Syrah because they taste burnt or peppery, you probably won't like this one.  If you just feel like those wine are typically too drying (as tannins not sweetness), then you might like this. This is a good basic wine that, in my opinion, would fall in the semi-dry category, not necessarily because of sweetness but the juiciness is strong for a red.

My favorite thing about this wine: I feel like I am drinking a Spanish wine.  I'm not sure how to describe it, but give me some paella and I'd say Ole!

My least favorite thing about this wine: It's a bit too juicy for me.  I like my reds dry, but that is a personal preference.  There aren't any huge flaws with this wine, so I had to pick something.

Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

ryanbaker1514 said...

Can we get more descriptions?

ThePinotandThePauper said...

When you say more descriptions, do you mean more descriptions per each wine or more wines in general?

Post a Comment